Thursday, October 14, 2010

Madden not a fan of Mike Singletary's coaching style

It could not be a worse week for 49ers head coach Mike Singletary. After getting in a shouting match with quarterback Alex Smith on national TV, then having his owner fire up future opponents by guaranting a NFC West Division championship, and today Hall of Fame head coach John Madden went on KCBS radio in San Francisco and publicly disagreed with Singletary's coaching techniques.


"That's really not part of coaching, that's sometimes I worry about that. I see youth football and I see high school football and coaches yelling at players and I cringe when I see it. I think people get the picture that's what coaching is and believe me, that's not what coaching is."
"You have to coach, you have to teach, you have to strategize, you have to encourage," Madden said. "That's what coaching is, not the opposite."

Madden went onto say that he doesn't see how the 49ers will make the playoffs even though Jed York guaranteed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment