Friday, October 15, 2010

Michael Crabtree fined $2,500

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee first reported this but I thought I would pass it along.

Michael Crabtree has been fined by the NFL $2,500 for his late hit on cornerback Tervard Lindley.  On the play Lindley intercepted the ball from Alex Smith and then slid down, just like Nate Clements should have done against the Falcons.  Then as Lindley started to get back up Crabtree hit Lindley and knocked the ball out which was then recovered by Lindley.

After the play Crabtree was hit with a unnecessary roughness flag which is crap.  Lindley was never touched when he went down, the whistle was never blown, and Crabtree didn't hit him until he got back up.

Crabtree told reporters that he was going to appeal the fine.
"Nobody touched him.  I was just trying to make a play.  I didn't see nobody touch him, so I was just trying to hit him."

No comments:

Post a Comment