Monday, October 18, 2010

Cody Ross' Impresses the Front Office

It's always the unlikeliest of players who become postseason stars.  This time it is outfielder Cody Ross of the San Francisco Giants who has not only put his name on lists with the likes of Will Clark but now has opened some eyes in the front office.

In an interview with the media Brian Sabean suggested that Cody Ross will not just be around this year.  Ross who made $4 million this year with the Florida Marlins is in his final year of arbitration and if we read between the lines will be tendered a contract by the San Francisco Giants.

Cody Ross said he would loves playing in San Francisco and would love to finish his career in San Francisco.
“When I got an idea of how this team is and is going to be, and playing in front of that crowd every day, I can’t see a place I’d rather be.  This has been an amazing experience for me. I’d love to play here longer than these few months or even another year. I’d like to finish my career here.”

In 6 games this postseason, Cody Ross is batting .350 and has hit four homeruns all of which have broken up a no-hitter.

Note: According to 22gigantes.com, Ross is trying to talk Florida Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla into not signing an extension with the Marlins and come play for the Giants in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment