Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Clinton Portis and Darnell Dockett on Ines Sainz

Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis has been known to be quite the character.  In the past, he has dressed like....well I don't know how to describe it but it's not normal.  He has also been known to open his mouth to the media give some unnecessary commentary.

But, that was supposedly going to end.  Portis had said to NBC's Sunday Night Football crew that he has enjoyed staying out of the spotlight and not having so much attention on him.

That did not take long to end.

Tuesday morning, on Clinton Portis' radio show he decided to broach the New York Jets and Ines Sainz scandal.

"You know man, I think you put women reporters in the locker room in positions to see guys walking around naked, and you sit in the locker room with 53 guys, and all of the sudden you see a nice woman in the locker room, I think men are gonna tend to turn and look and want to say something to that woman. For the woman, I think they make it so much that you can't interact and you can't be involved with athletes, you can't talk to these guys, you can't interact with these guys.

"And I mean, you put a woman and you give her a choice of 53 athletes, somebody 
got to be appealing to her. You know, somebody got to spark her interest, or she's gonna want somebody. I don't know what kind of woman won't, if you get to go and look at 53 men's packages. And you're just sitting here, saying 'Oh, none of this is attractive to me.' I know you're doing a job, but at the same time, the same way I'm gonna cut my eye if I see somebody worth talking to, I'm sure they do the same thing."
 Since these comments the NFL has issued a statement on his comments and Portis has apologized for his remarks.

"I was wrong to make the comments I did, and I apologize. I respect the job that all reporters do. It is a tough job and we all have to work and act in a professional manner. I understand and support the team on these issues."
Darnell Dockett, defensive tackle for the Arizona Cardinals, and one not to be outdone by Clinton Portis decided to get involved as well via his Twitter page.

"All I can do is LOL at the jets Female Reporter! She walks into a locker room full of men and think some one not gonna say nothing LMFAO!!!"
"I don't know what was said to her or whatever but u just have to know u going into a TEAM LOCKEROOM, andif its that serious WOMEN STAY OUT!" 

 Ines Sainz, the reporter, has also come out to "defend" herself and the outfit she is wearing.  Probably should have not leaked a picture of what she was wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment