Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pablo Sandoval on the trade block or not

Giants game just finished up with a walk-off hit by “the great one”, Andres Torres.  But hard to get excited when the bullpen blew a huge lead.

I did not watch the game so I do not have much to comment on but I do know that Sanchez imploded again.  Remind me why we are so against trading him….

Let’s move on to more interesting news items.

Apparently, the Giants are looking to reacquire former first-round pick David Aardsma.  Not sure why Sabean would go after this guy because his stats are very unimpressive.  In fact they are so unimpressive that this could only be a fat joke by the Mariners.  The dude is sporting a 0-6 record with a 4.73 ERA.

I have not been able to find out what the Giants offered for him but according to MLBTR, the Mariners counter-offered with a trade of Jose Lopez & David Aardsma for Pablo Sandoval.




Obviously, the Giants said no.

As bad as Panda has been there is no way you trade him for two guys like that.  The Giants own him for a couple of years and have the opportunity to see if he can come back next year a better Panda.  If they were to trade him now they would be selling extremely low.

However, this does show Giants fans what people think of him outside of San Francisco.  I have been hearing for a long time that last year was a fluke and many scouts saw this coming.

Now back to Aardsma.  He is one of the two guys that would make me completely jump on board with this guy. I have to admit I have been fighting that whole movement but when I hear about possible trades for guys like Jorge Cantu and David Aardsma I realize I am real close to buying me a t-shirt.

***

The Giants also reportedly had interest in Scott Podsednik but Jayson Stark of ESPN is reporting that the Dodgers have traded a couple of minor leaguers to the Royals for Podsednik.

I have to say I am glad that happened, I can’t say I was a big fan of that trade either.

No comments:

Post a Comment